Join the PADUA Academy
All Padua Financial Group’s team are members of PADUA Academy. You will join a team of highly talented Commerce, Finance, IT and Computer Science undergraduate students from Wollongong and Sydney Universities.
The Academy provides on the job training as well as support to those working to gain a Diploma of Financial Planning and/or Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning accreditation.
Located in Kiama and Sydney, PADUA supports the local community by providing vital education, training, experience and most importantly career development to a significant number of undergraduate students.
University of Wollongong Industry Partner
PADUA has built a strong relationship with the University of Wollongong (UOW), partnering with the Faculty of Business and Careers Central team to provide internships and career paths to UOW’s top performing Commerce and Finance students.
Monarch Institute Education Partner
We are hiring
Looking to make a career in the Financial Advice world? We have a fast growing team and are always on the look out for great new talent who can help deliver great advice technology, paraplanning and transition management services to our clients.
If you are a student, new graduate or professional looking to take the next step in your career – send us your resume, with a short covering letter on why you think you and PADUA would make a perfect fit.
The purpose of this role is to partner with leaders across PADUA to drive a culture where people want to show up each day being their best. This role will be responsible for the provision of high quality strategic and commercial people advice to ensure we deliver on our people and cultural aspirations. This is a brand new role for a highly skilled, people focused and commercial driven People and Culture professional to shape.
Strategic Partnering and coaching
- Partner with the Co-Founders, the Leadership team and all PADUA managers in delivering the people experience at PADUA through building credibility with all leaders and providing insight and advice.
- Ensure the vision, values and purpose are embedded through PADUA and brought to life in all parts of the people experience.
- Coach and support leaders at PADUA to drive engagement across their team through coaching leaders on their awareness of leadership strengths and opportunities.
- Partner leaders in delivering all change across PADUA in an effective way, including organisation design and all change that impacts people and process.
Culture and Engagement
- Own the twice-yearly culture and engagement survey, and design/co-create relevant strategies to increase staff engagement at PADUA
- Co-create PADUA’s first culture and engagement plan and lead the direction, alignment and commitment required.
Continuous improvement and delivery of the PADUA People Processes
- Ensure our people processes are delivered in a consistent, meaningful and practical way, including how PADUA:
- attracts, selects and welcomes new people to the business
- sets the performance and development process including the OKR goal setting process and development planning process
- remunerates our employees
- Regularly hold 1:1 coaching and feedback sessions
- Create processes to discuss our internal talent development and succession planning
Advocate for Employees at Padua
- Manage all employee relations and performance management issues
- Ensure all PADUA policies and practices are compliant, relevant and understood by all team members
- Ensure that PADUA provides a safe workplace, compliant with all local and state regulations
- Oversee all recruitment activities
- Oversee all transactional HR activities
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Degree qualified, preferably in human resources or related field
- Generalist HR Experience in a medium or large business
- Strong coaching skills at a variety of levels
- Facilitation skills an advantage
- Current, in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to human resources and employee management, including workers’ compensation, union relations, and federal and state employment laws
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to build rapport with internal staff, PADUA clients, financial planning industry networks and other stakeholders.
- Able to provide and receive constructive feedback where necessary.
- Willingness to engage in continuous learning to ensure currency of knowledge and skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team with a friendly and positive attitude.
- Takes personal accountability for themselves delivering timely, accurate and high quality outcomes.
- Able to build and develop a wide network of productive relationships with both internal team members, external clients and potential candidates.
- Advanced keyboard and computer skills.
- Thorough knowledge of job related PC applications including:
- Microsoft word
- Microsoft excel
- Microsoft outlook
- Serve as the first point of contact for users seeking technical assistance via the PADUA Service Desk system or email or phone
- Become an expert with deep knowledge of our complete product suite to remove technical barriers and help users become champions of PADUA
- Triage, Troubleshoot and Solve technical hardware or software problems
- Proactive management of customer issues and requests to provide a positive client experience
- Create incident and problem management documentation and procedures as needed
- Escalate incidents to other teams and developers where necessary
- Asset management
- Assist with the deployment of new hardware
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- At least 1 years’ experience in an IT help desk role is ideal
- Experience with Jira Service Management highly regarded
- Recent IT qualification or recent graduate with customer service experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills are critical
- Customer service skills
- Strong desire to help people
- Ability to quickly learn new software and be an excellent team player
- 2 years’ minimum experience in the preparation of SOAs, calculations and modelling
- Extensive and demonstrated experience in using financial planning modelling and plan writing software, ideally XPlan
- Thorough knowledge of the financial planning advice process and the preparation of clear and concise advice documentation
- A genuine and keen interest in financial planning especially in the preparation of advice
- Able to clearly demonstrate superior levels of technical and financial skill, including financial modelling
- Excellent communication skills in both writing reports and discussing matters orally
PADUA is looking for enthusiastic and creative Software Developers to join its technically dynamic team on a permanent basis. We’re looking for candidates who are keen to learn and are passionate about coding and IT.
The purpose of the role is to plan, design and develop software which is used by Padua’s internal stakeholders (PADUA Paraplanning and PADUA Transition Management Services) as well as external stakeholders (financial planners and financial advisers).
As a software developer, your responsibilities will include project management – confirming project requirements by reviewing program objectives, input data and output requirements and preparing work flow charts and diagrams; building software solutions using Scrum/Agile practices, and engaging with team and business stakeholders in sprint reviews and daily SCRUM meetings.